Immigration, Citizenship, Green card, Asylum, work permit, H1B Visa, L1, F1, J1 Visa, Family law, Employment Visa

Visas & Permits


Visas in the United States can be separated into two categories and kinds of visas:

  1. Immigrant Visas for people seeking to live in the U.S.
  2. Non-Immigrant Visas for people coming for limited durations

The immigrant visa has “per country-caps.” Non-immigrant visas do not have per-country caps.

Most non-immigrant visas are for work purposes, and usually require an offer of employment from a U.S. business. Such immigration may involve restriction such as a labor certification to ensure that no American workers are able to fill the role of the job, hence designed to protect wages and conditions.

Each category has its own requirements and qualifications. Some categories may have numerical limitations and/or educational requirements. We assist individuals, companies, foreign national domestic or international obtain temporary visas. We work together with the client to craft a strategic solution to achieve their goals. We also work with employers in preparing transfer, amendment, or extension petitions.

Immigrant Visas – examples

Immediate Relative & Family-Sponsored—Spouse of a U.S. Citizen, Fiance(e) of a U.S. Citizen, Intercountry Adoption of Orphan Children

Employer-Sponsored–Priority Workers, Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees, Employment Creation/Investors, Religious Workers, Iraqi and Afghan Translators

Non-Immigrant Visas – examples

Extraordinary Ability, Artists and Entertainers, Cultural Exchange, Religious Worker, TN NAFTA Professionals, Temporary Agricultural Workers


Re-Entry Permit

A Re-Entry permit allows for a lawful permanent resident to stay abroad for longer than one year. A re-entry permit allows LPRs to enter the United States after being out of the country for over one year without obtaining a new immigrant visa at a consulate office abroad.

Advance Parole/Travel Permits

Advance parole (Form I-512) is an immigration document issued by the United States that is only issued to aliens without permanent residency. Advance Parole is permission for certain aliens, who do not have a valid immigrant visa, to re-enter the United States after traveling abroad. Such aliens include those who have applied to adjust their status to that of permanent resident or to change non-immigrant status. Advance parole must be approved before the applicant leaves the United States, or any residency application will in general be denied.

Deportation and Removal

Deportation is the formal removal of an alien from the United States when the alien has been found removable for violating the immigration laws. Deportation is ordered by an immigration judge without any punishment being imposed or contemplated. Prior to April 1997 deportation and exclusion were separate removal procedures. The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 consolidated these procedures. After April 1, 1997, aliens in and admitted to the United States may be subject to removal based on deportability. Now called Removal, this function is managed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Contact Us